Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Who else but me...the Agent for Change

How many church members does it take to change a light bulb? "Change? What do you mean change? My grandmother gave the church that light bulb!"

" It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think
about a serious problem and decide I must tell the Pope
about it. Then I wake up completely and remember
that I am the Pope. "
POPE JOHN XXIII

Never lose sight of the importance of the role you play. You are special to have gotten to this point in your life. Rejoice in the opportunity you have to do something extraordinary. At time you may be lonely, or the pressure may be intense, but take comfort in the good you are able to accomplish. You're are doing what you do because of your unique talent to lead others with passion, compassion, and intelligence.

Avoid the " we versus they " mindset. Whatever your
official leadership role, use it to get something done.
Avoid pointing fingers at the inaction of others as a
rationale for doing nothing yourself.